What Country Do You Live In?
How would you describe the size of your collection?
- Small (up to 25 items)
- Medium (26-100 items)
- Large (101-300 Items)
- Extra-Large (over 300 Items)
Do you have a theme to your collection/collecting?
- Devoted to a single brand/manufacturer/item
- Devoted to one or two brands
- Comprised of many brands
- Open to collecting items as presented for any number of personal reasons
- Comprised of items based on their historical or resale value
Do you buy and sell items as you go, or mostly buy?
What do you think the value of your entire collection is worth right now?
- Is that number higher or lower than the collection’s acquired costs?
The Big Questions:
What Will Happen to Your Collection When You Die?
- Dunno, haven’t thought of that
- Already planned to pass on to specific friends/family as heirlooms
- Expected to be sold in piece or by lot by heirs
- Donated or given to a third party (thrift store, other collector, etc.)
How does your family view your camera collection? No, the truth.
Do you think the funds you have spent on your collection have or have not had an impact on your family (budget/relationships, etc.).
Does your collection have a boundary?
- No, I collect as I wish
- No, my interests change all the time
- Yes, If I can acquire (X) I will stop
- Yes, I only collect by a certain (format/brand/country, era)